The Seven Seasons of
Fells Meadows Farms
Fells Meadows is a wonderful place to reconnect with yourself and those important to you in a unique natural environment. Doing simple relaxing things is a vital part of that reconnection experience. Breathe deep and slow and enjoy “just being” or explore some of the many local attractions. This stunning 100-acre property is the perfect place to relax and enjoy nature during any season.
Snowflake Season (Jan 1-Feb 28)
Winter in Northumberland County is magical, and Fells Meadows is the perfect winter retreat. Explore the scenic and secluded 100 acres by snowshoe or ski, using the cozy century farmhouse as your private chalet. The yurt is available for personal reflection or participate in one of our facilitated wellness sessions. If you feel like a little exploring, check out the options noted below. When you return to your privately booked farmhouse after a brisk snowflake outing, settle in front of a fire and enjoy tome mulled apple cider or hot chocolate. Wonderful winter memories at Fells Meadows!
- Attend to your creative project.
- Cherish time with friends.
- Read and nap by the fire.
- Lap up the winter wonderland at Fells Meadows by walking, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing the many trails on site.
- Venture out into Northumberland County Forest and Ganaraska Forest Centre for other options of groomed and ungroomed trails.
- Walk across the Rainey Suspension Bridge while admiring the spectacular winter ice formations in the rapids below.
- Skate at the outdoor rinks in Castleton or at the Cobourg Beach.
Lions and Lambs Season (March)
March is an exciting month at Fells Meadows. Will it come in like a Lion and go out like a lamb? It’s a time for wild weather swings with those first tastes of the mild temps of spring and longer daylight hours perfect for exploring the property looking for those early signs of spring. If the weather is still roaring like a lion, the farmhouse is the place to hunker down by the fire with a good book and good company. The sap starts running in March so you can enjoy a sunny day with a visit to a local sugar bush.
Blossom Season (April-May 31)
The hills are alive during Blossom Season at Fells Meadows. Listen to the spring peepers, see wild flowers blooming, and smell the fragrance of the forest changing before your eyes and nose. Enjoy peaceful walks on the trails, the meditative labyrinth, or personal reflection in the yurt on your own or with one of our facilitated sessions.
- Savour the sounds of peepers, birds and other creatures as they awaken.
- Experience the carpet of trilliums in the Fairy Forest.
- Gaze upward to see the streams of migratory birds returning.
- Make stride with your creative project.
- Experience Haute Goat Farm such as their newborn goats, just a 30 min drive.
- Attend the annual Lilac Festival in nearby Warkworth.
Cicada Season (June-Aug 31)
The cicada is the unofficial sound of summer. On warm days, these fascinating insects happily buzz their wings creating that distinct sound during the hottest periods of the day. Summer is a magical time at Fells Meadows with its lush woodlands and hilltop breezes. It’s the perfect gathering spot for friends, couples and families to relax and recharge in this exclusive setting. On the warm evenings, revel in the sounds of the tree frogs and the dancing lights of the fireflies.
- Relax, walk or swim at one of the long sandy beaches of Cobourg or Presquile Provincial Park.
- Attend the Alderville First Nation Annual Pow Wow
- Yoga or meditation in the yurt.
- Order fresh organically grown produce and herbs from our garden or source at the local farmers markets.
- Nearby summer theatre and events and festival options abound in the area.
Palette Season (Sept-Oct 31)
Northumberland County turns magical during the fall with its vast wooded landscapes that ignite with fiery hues of reds, oranges and yellows. Fells Meadows is stunning at this time of year and is the perfect place to be inspired by nature. Enjoy the cooler nights by the fire and use the historic farmhouse or one of the quaint cabins to prepare your fall feast harvested by local farmers or from the Fells Meadows’ produce garden. Compliment the spectacular fall colours and crisp air with a glass of locally made cider. No fall stay would not be complete without laughter and singing around a crackling bonfire under a star lit sky.
- Breathe in the magic of the rolling hills of colour when walking the labyrinth.
- Sit, meditate, paint or photograph Northumberland County’s premier view spot on the first rolling drumlin at Fells Meadows.
- Stretch and recharge in the yurt.
- Fall Fairs Warkworth, Roseneath and Norwood are a wonderful way to spend a colourful day and stock up your larder with locally made foods.
Snuggle Season (November)
November weather can be unpredictable making it the perfect time to replenish and recharge the soul before the business of the holiday season. Long naps, sleeping in, or a snuggle to watch a classic movie or read a good book is the perfect way to spend the weekend. It’s an ideal time for writers and creative artists to wrap up projects. The classic farmhouse at Fells Meadows and secluded 100 acres is the perfect November setting.
- Snuggle, write or read by the fire.
- Consider your hopes and dreams for the coming year.
- Experience farm to table organic produce from the garden to create a hearty comfort meal.
- Enjoy one of the excellent Fall Studio Tours running this month to get an appreciation for the skilled local artisans.
- Cross a few names off your holiday shopping list during a studio tour or local holiday bizarre.
Celebration Season (December)
Nothing puts you in the holiday spirit more than a classic turn of the century Northumberland farmhouse decorated for your winter celebrations. Should you celebrate Christmas we’ll have it all ready for you with hand crafted decorations. Fells Meadows is stunning during those first few snowfalls over the hills, perfect for those early winter walks to reflect on what you are truly grateful for. Your family or group will enjoy meals together, games nights or just curling up by the fire.
- Cozy up by the fire.
- Celebrate the season in the Kawarthas and Northumberland Events
- Enjoy delicious Italian cuisine at Villa Conti Oak Heights Estate Winery and Restaurant or Cucina Urbana, Cobourg.
- Be dazzled by the holiday events and sparkling holiday light display in Victoria Park, Cobourg.
- Enjoy the fully decorated farmhouse, outside and in, at Fells Meadows over the winter holidays.
- Open gifts.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with family and friends.